PRANA DHARANA: “Shakti Intensified” mini-workshop
In response to requests from students to share certain powerful Tantric practices, I am offering a few workshops in the coming months….
My intention is to help you build a personal practice that is powerful, effective and invite you to experience the radiance of your soul on a regular basis!
a Personal Practice mini- workshop #1
Friday, December 2, 2011
6:00pm – 9:00pm
at Sri Mata, my home Yoga studio in Maplewood
- Bhastrika – a form of Tantric breathing that concentrates Prana Shakti at the Ajna center
- Prana Dharana – infusing your practice with Prana Shakti
- Internal Fire Practices (Introduction)
- Japa: use of a mala (necklace for counting repetitions of mantra)
Practiced methodically, these steps provide the most powerful fundamental approach to Tantric meditation and accessing the power of your Prana Shakti.
From there, your can infuse your other practices (including mantra, visualization, chanting or ritual) with the Prana Shakti needed to make them truly come alive… or direct the flow of energy toward healing or manifesting your dharmic desires.
- A consistent Yoga practice (not necessarily asana, you might have a consistent meditation or bhakti practice – talk to me if you’re not certain you qualify)
- Purchase a mala (“necklace” of 108 beads used for mantra counting)… I get almost all my divine supplies from the HUA ashram in Crestone, I highly recommend you do the same, the energy of the mala is very important: http://shop.babajiashram.org/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=38_39 and pick whichever one appeals to you. Feel free to call me with questions about the different types of beads and their meanings…. researching online can be fun and informative, too, though not necessarily 100% reliable.
$27, $54 or $108, based on your current state of abundance. At $27 you are in need of some assistance, at $54 you are on par, at $108 you are helping others come who might not otherwise be able to.
(If you need to trade for work, please contact me, I am open to that, as well.)
Please contact me to register @ SherryYogaBliss@yahoo.com, you must R.S.V.P. in advance! Size of the group is limited.
To a tantric, to be born as a human is an opportunity to experience our oneness with Absolute Consciousness—our own inner divinity. God, Absolute Consciousness, deposited Her limitless power of creativity in each of us.
According to tantra, the world is beautiful. Life in the world is beautiful.
According to tantra, the body is the living temple of divinity. A vast portion of the powers, potentials, and privileges of this divinity remain dormant within us. This dormant power is called kundalini shakti. The power and potential of the soul that is awakened and active in us is called prana. The guiding intelligence of these divine forces (prana shakti) lead us to know, through our own direct experience, that these divine forces are us… and we are them.
Cultivating a clear, calm, and tranquil mind and infusing it with prana shakti, the radiant, indomitable life force, is the first and foremost practice of tantra. Prana Shakti infusion ensures that the mind is charged with vitality, stamina, and willpower. In tantric terminology, first infusing the mind with prana shakti and then infusing a practice with this prana shakti is known as prana dharana.
Through regular practice, you make the prana shakti become stable and compact at the ajna chakra. Through prolonged and consistent practice, prana shakti and the mind begin to embrace, nurture, guide, and support each other. As this happens, any quest—worldly or spiritual—becomes easy and fulfilling.
Watch Pandit Tigunait demonstrate bhastrika and the first step of prana dharana.
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD, the spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute.
Greatest joy and peace to you!